While there is nothing we want more than to be together again at THE JAZZ ROOM, we’re committed to making sure all of our patrons, musicians, staff and volunteers can do so safely.
In line with our Governor’s directives, JazzArts Charlotte has postpone all public performances and educational programs through September, including the March-September JAZZ ROOM weekends, and JazzArts Educational Youth Spring and Summer Camp programs. We’re glad to say Blumenthal Performing Arts shares our priorities, and we will be guided by their policies for re-opening in light of COVID-19 developments.
Season 15 Subscriptions
Not knowing when we will once again be greeted by Curtis, line up at John’s bar and listen to outstanding jazz, we would like to honor your Season 15 subscription in one of the following ways:
- We will be happy to credit your season subscription toward a future Jazz Room season.
- We will of course refund your subscription if you prefer.
- Or we would be thrilled if you are able donate the amount of your Season 15 subscription to JazzArts Charlotte to help sustain our mission. Fully 50% of our nonprofit organization’s operating expenses comes from our performance revenues — now nonexistent. If you feel able to make such a generous donation, we will send you a letter of acknowledgment for your records.
Please let us know your Season 15 preference with the knowledge we are more than grateful for your ongoing support.
Our Spirit Square office is closed through August 31. The JazzArts Charlotte team is diligently working from home to continue the momentum of jazz in our community in every way we can. Meanwhile, please have patience as we have limited access to phones and files.
We are committed to offering the highest quality live music performances and educational programs, but we have a greater responsibility of providing a safe space to our audiences, students/families, artists, volunteers, and staff.
Virtual Programs & Online Content
We’re doing all we can to bring the best of jazz programs to you no matter the circumstances, and we hope you’re tuning into our Keep Jazz A-Live-Streaming programs. These include Conversations with Curtis and our recently launched Live from Crown performances hosted by our artistic director, Ocie Davis. Keep Jazz A-Live-Streaming.
Also, find fun ways to enjoy jazz from home by following us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter with practice tips, movie night and book club suggestions, flashback videos, and more.
Want another easy way to help our local musician community? Follow your favorite local musicians directly for ways to enjoy and share their music.
Please check back, subscribe to our newsletters and follow us on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter for updates as well as new ways to continue enjoying jazz from your living room.
What can you do to bring back the music?
To help slow the spread of COVID-19, we ask you to join us in practicing the 3 Ws as outlined by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services:
- Wait at least six feet apart and avoid close contact
- Wear a cloth face covering
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer
Until we can be together, we hope to see you online.